        From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, May 31, 2000 11:23 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: RE: AB station

        Alex

        We have a Foxwatch aggrement at the plant, and I will be getting
them to
        log in to look at the LAN loading as soon possible. Is there a way
that it
        can be set up so that the loading of the LAN and the node bus
traffic can
        be monitored for the system at the plant. This would be good so that
I may
        be able to identify a possible cause of a load surge that could be
        knocking out the AB Stations.
        Last tuesday we had a power dip at the plant and both the AB
stations did
        not miss a beat, the only change was that one of the ZLAN modules
out by
        the Stations was pulled out. This seems to help the stations to stay
on
        line or reset them selves. Is there any obvious reason for this.

        Chris Little
        Blue Circle Roberta

        [EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:
        >Chris,
        >
        >It sounds as if your CBLAN is overloaded. There are a variety of
reasons
        >that this can occur and there is at least one QF that reallocates
the
        >buffers in the CBLAN to make them more efficient.
        >
        >I suggest that you call TAC (888.FOXBORO) and ask to talk to
someone that
        >understands CBLAN loading. If you have a FoxWatch agreement, they
can log
        >in
        >and take some measurements. If you do not, you could arrange from
them to
        >send someone to take the measurements locally for analysis.
        >

        >Regards,
        >
        >Alex Johnson
        >The Foxboro Company
        >10707 Haddington
        >Houston, TX 77043
        >713.722.2859 (v)
        >713.722.2700 (sb)
        >713.932.0222 (f)
        >[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

which