<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello ev'rybody,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>has anyone succeeded in launching a program that
opens a window on startup of the I/A System (after FOXAPI has started)?&nbsp; I
tried it with the go_* scripts in /usr/fox/bin and, after creating my own script
and adding it to fox_apps.dat, the process was launched (as could be seen in the
Task Manager) but not the window!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I know there is a structure (its name escapes me at
the moment) that is being passed to WinMain() in an application.&nbsp; This
struct somehow defines the window's characteristics (such as minimized, etc.) on
startup.&nbsp; Is this structure somehow modified by the system for applications
that are being launched from fox_apps.dat?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>What other ways are there to launch applications on
AW70 after the last go_* script has been processed?&nbsp; I'm rather reluctant
to use the Startup folder because in many AW70 systems the 'Start NT Shell at
Boot" has been deactivated and I don't know whether Startup programs are being
processed at all with a deactivated shell.&nbsp; Also using a delay there is not
very maintainable in case someone adds more programs to
fox_apps.dat.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>One last thing: The /etc/fox/user_apps.dat doesn't
seem to work at all on AW70.&nbsp; I have not been successful in getting things
to be started from there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Sascha Wildner<BR>erpicon Software Development
GmbH<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>