Alex,

We changed the timezone of our off-line set-up to IST while testing IP.21
interface with I/A using following procedure.

#cd /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo
#zic asia (this will create directory called /Asia/Culcutta..)
#cd /etc
#vi TIMEZONE
Modify TZ=GMT to TZ=Asia/Calcutta
 Reboot AW.

AW also got rebooted and it worked fine.

We checked system monitor time and was showing ok. We did not check historian
data time stamp and CP time at that time.

This was done way back in early 1999.

This is not implemented in any of our on-line systems at site as Local Foxboro
office said that in I/A we can not change time zone from GMT to any other time
zone.

Regards

Harshad Viradia
Reliance Petroleum Ltd.
Jamnagar

"Johnson,Alex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09/20/2000 06:12:46 AM

Please respond to "Foxboro DCS Mail List"
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>