Hi,

  I am trying to start the Operator Action Journal automatically at boot
time on I/A version 6.1 system and on a 4.3 system.  The docs for I/A
version 4.2 say to put them in the wp51_glbls file, but the I/A version 6.1
& 6.2 docs say they belong in the init.users file.  There is a section in
the wp51_glbls file listing the variables, but there is nothing in the
init.users file.  Also, the wp51_glbls files shows the OJLOG variable on the
same line as gctsize=14 - but the 6.2 & 6.1 docs show OJLOG on the line
before gctsize.  Is gctsize the size of the OJLOG variable or the dmtlist?

  Does it matter whether the Operator Action Journal variables are listed in
the wp51_glbls file or the init.users file?  Is it a problem if they are
listed in both?

  Also, if I can get OAJ started automatically at boot, does each Display
Manager's OAJ automatically start as well?  Right now I have to start each
display manager's log, and if the DM is re-started the log needs to be
re-started as well.

This is from our globals file:
#  @(#)35.1 wp51_glbls

#
#Operator Action Journal
#
  gctsize=14    #OJLOG="ELP00,Equaldb"
  dmtlist=OJLOG

  gctsize=80
#LP00,89-01-01 12:00,99-01-01 12:00,STATION89012,COMPOUND9012,BLOCK6789012
  dmtlist=OJRPT

  This is what the FoxDoc for I/A version 6.2 says:

Enabling the Action Journal at Boot Time
When the WP boots up, Action Journal reporting is disabled. To enable this
feature at boot time, you must change the OJLOG variable in the following
file depending on the platform:

 Station Type File
AW51/WP51 /usr/fox/wp/data/init.user
AW50/WP50 /usr/fox/wp/data/init.user
WP70 /usr/fox/wp/data/init.user
PW /usr/fox/hi/init.glbls
WP30 /usr/fox/hi/gc4_glbls
WP20 /usr/fox/hi/gc3_glbls

For more information on the init.user or init.glbls file refer to the
Display Engineering for 50 Series (B0193MQ) document.

Add the following variables in the appropriate AW70 and PW file. The
variable OJLOG has the following format:

OJLOG=[E,D]<printer>,[E,D]<historian>

gctsize=14

dmtlist=OJLOG

The FoxDoc for I/A version 6.1 says about the same thing, but also inlcudes
a "blank" dmtlist variable.  I don't know if that was a misprint or if it
needs to be there.

Add the following variables in the appropriate file. The variable OJLOG has
the following format:

OJLOG=[E,D]<printer>,[E,D]<historian>

gctsize=14

dmtlist=OJLOG

dmtlist

where:

E == Enable

D == Disable

<printer> == name of the printer (for example, LP01)

<historian> == name of the historian (for example, hist01)

For example, to enable historian logging without printer logging, define
OJLOG as follows:

OJLOG=DLP01,Ehist01

See Display Engineering for more information on modifying init.user. or
init.glbls.

  Thanks for any information you might have - I just hate rebooting the AW
several times if I don't have to.

Stephen Murray
Asarco
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this E-mail are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by ASARCO Inc. unless expressly stated
otherwise.