Hallo,

Op 06 Jun 04 schreef Marco van de Voort aan [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

 >> First it complains that NameStr, DirStr and ExtStr are unknown types.
 >> When I change them to string it complains that FSplit doesn't exist.

 MvdV> The unix rtl has been thoroughly reworked. The identifiers you are
 MvdV> refering to are probably in unit unix now.

They seem not to be.  Where do I find information about the unix unit anyway?
I looked in the Unix, FCL and Reference manuals.

 MvdV> You shouldn't be using these routines anyway, but use similar routines
 MvdV> in sysutils that use ansistring and don't have 255 char limits.

That is a very good suggestion and solved the problem :)  But I'm lazy, so
when I decided to look at programming in pascal again, I took some old
sources and only changed what was really necessary.

 MvdV> The routines are only in linux because they are needed for legacy unit
 MvdV> dos.

The last time I did some serious pascal programming was when Turbo Pascal 6.0
was brand new...

Groetjes,

           Hans.

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5cvs031202
 * Origin: The Wizard is using MBSE/Linux (2:280/1018)