Peter Vreman wrote:

http://www.freepascal.org states:

Version 1.0.10 is the latest stable version the Free Pascal.

http://www.us.freepascal.org/develop.html states:

Download Daily Update of Release Tree (version 1.0.x)

These snapshots contain the latest bug fixes, without any major new
feature.
This should be more stable than the development snapshots (and even the
last
official release), but there is still no guarantee that these snapshots
are
bugfree.

The developers consider 1.9.4 unstable; it is only a beta version. Therefore, I would rather not rely on it. It is disappointing that the latest snapshot for the stable version of Free Pascal is dated 2004-05-18 and that the fix for this bug has not been applied to 1.0.10 (or 1.0.11).

We don't have the time to backport fixes. Also a lot of the fixes can't be
backported to 1.0.x because of flaws in the design of 1.0.x.

The 1.9.4 beta is at least as stable as 1.0.10.

Maybe you should say that on the web site too.

The daily snapshots of 1.9.5 can be more unstable. But in a lot of cases they are as stable as the latest 1.9.x beta release

Vincent.