I almost finished the porting of the core part of IO to fpc.

I added bugs for the (few) function I had to rewrite or modify passing from
Delphi to fpc.

Anyway I'm still in trouble with streams.
IO use descendants of TRead and TWrite like files.
It goes back when an error rises and it needs reading/writing block of binary
data.

Someone could point me the best way to add similar behavior over fpc TRead and
TWrite?
It could be added to the "driver"?

Another problem that could arise is that the same data could be saved and
restore differently between fpc and delphi. In this case it'd be not possible
to share config files. Annoying but not dramatic.

Bye Uberto