On Fri, 27 May 2005, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> Problem:
> Some units require the cthreads unit, but only under linux and it must be
> added as first unit to the main source.
>
> Questions:
> Will the cthreads unit will be added as default someday under linux ?

No.

> Or will it become obsolete by some other unit/feature?

If someone implements native thread handling, then cthreads will be obsolete.

> Or will it stay this way: If you need threads under linux, you need to add
> cthreads as first unit?

For the time being, yes.

> Is it possible to compile a unit A, so that the need for cthreads is
> inherited to every unit using A? Some kind of extended -Fa flag with
> inheritage?

Not that I know of; you can include cthreads in the gtk interface;
normally this should then enable threads for all lazarus apps.
The fact that it is not first in the uses clause is risky, but
not too much.