Vinzent Hoefler wrote:
On Thursday 02 June 2005 15:16, Uberto Barbini wrote:

If the goal is this, I'd prefear a way to declare objects
autocreated:

varauto:
 strlist: TStringList;
begin
 //some stuff
end;

[...]

It could be a problem to pass parameters to the constructor.

Yes, exactly. So why bother the extra complexity? You still need the "real thing", so for consistency it's better to stay with it only.

Thats why I proposed a month back in my modernising pascal thread to implement things like a stringlist as a base type container (like pyhton does with lists, dicts etc). This would then be dynamically allocated and ref counted.

jamie.