L505 wrote:
Interesting. I'm curious about what version of FPC you used to compile
the samples.

It is an SVN pull out from several months ago, of one of the FPC 2.1.1
releases..

Are you using an SVN pull out or a specific version?

At the time I submitted the bug I was probably using a nightly build from one to a couple of days before. I guess something somewhere changed between the moment of your checkout revision and whatever revision was in the nightly build I used.

I don't think the code is safe until we discuss this further though, even if it
works
on my machine as is.

I've come to the same conclusion, about the unsafeness of my samples, myself. After reading some of the responses on the list here, I changed the samples somewhat.

When I changed the string parameters and return values to pchars, i could successfully run the samples. And after, just to make sure, adding a third dll (I copied dll2 to dll3, and edited dll2 to call a function in dll3) it seemed the sample still worked.

So my guess is that the bug is probably invalid and in that case could probably be marked as such.

--
L505