This is not important message.

I posted such a message as bug report 4986:
questions. The exe replaces the extension of the file. The extension is defined
as everything after the last '.'"

I did not explicitly mention, that there were no files "1.pp..", "1.pp..." etc.
The compiler processed the same file each time.
It is in one way expected: under win32 files 1.pp, 1.pp.. etc are all (without
tricks) the same thing: trailing dots do not matter.
But: for the same source file (with the same name) I get different exe-s,
without specifying output file name (by the way, object files and others are
processed the same way).

It is not important, but obviously not very correct.

With some bug classification I wouldn't post it as "critical bug", I'd post it
as "funny note". (I understand, that bug tracking system isn't installing
itself and don't expect it to change in a matter of months.)

Sorry for inconveniences (laconic was I in bug report).