On Tue, 16 May 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2006 16:11:43 +0200 (Romance Daylight Time)
Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

On Tue, 16 May 2006 15:51:43 +0200 (CEST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Marco van de Voort) wrote:
I guess FPC_USE_LIBC is disabled for this target,
Where is the mistake?

See above. Jonas choose to only implement FPC_USE_LIBC for Darwin.

Thanks.
AFAIK darwin has a libc, but FPC does not provide a unit for it.

FPC doesn't provide a unit for libc at all. BaseUnix/Unix etc define
what > you get, and how that unit is implemented is not defined, dynlibs
the same > for shared libs etc.

In practice there are two basic implementations; syscalls and getting
access to the needed functions by linking to libc.

Right? And the FPC_USE_LIBC is set for all rtl sources under darwin.

Yes. Note that it can also be set for Linux and FreeBSD (though that
might > require some minimal maintainance)

Right?

Yes. But I still have no clue what you are exactly looking for. Maybe I
could give you more direct hints if you said what you actually need :-)

see also (the bit outdated) docs I made while working on the unix rtl:
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/unixrtl.pdf
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf
http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/porting.pdf

Is there a somewhere a list of the flags set in the FPC sources?

No. Not like that. They often change.

That's exactly my problem.
How to keep the codetools up2date? How can they find the right include
paths and unit paths?

IMHO:
Eventually, you'll have to switch to parsing the .ppu files for some
parts.

Huh? Can you give an example?

All info you need is in the .ppu file ? Function/Method names, arguments
etc ?