On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 20:27:37 -0000, Marco van de Voort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 11:21:51 -0000, Jonas Maebe
> between e.g. Pascal's close and Posix' close)
> * the things Marco mentioned

In quite a few cases "var" parameters are used instead of pointers, that's
the other major difference I found when porting from delphi. Maybe those
were in the socket functions. I remember stuff like getsockopt in winsock
that used pointers where in fp it used getsocketoptions and var
parameters.

fpgetsockopt uses pointers. getsocketoptions is an older (1.0.x) compability
function.

Must of have missed it, too many choices :)

Got the program working (it's about 20000 lines of code) with the MD5 causing
me the most grief. Found a bunch of places where my endian handling was wrong
so it was worth the 15 hours effort. Unfortunately now I have to start
translating
it to "C", I HATE C!!!

I don't know how you can keep all those different operating systems and
processors
straight in your mind, an amazing feat. I think I was initially supporting 3 or
4
operating systems back when I was doing 6809 Pascal (and later in the 80's
68000) but
didn't have nearly the processors to support.

Thanks,

Bob