Daniël,

Thanks,  I did that right after I sent the email and got it to generate.  Glad to know I'm thinking along the correct lines here.

Before I get too much further, the generated xml file has a comment

<!-- unresolved type reference Visibility: default -->
<element name="zbase">

Is this indicating that it couldn't find the zbase unit?

On 9/20/06, Daniël Mantione <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Op Wed, 20 Sep 2006, schreef Scott Pascoe:

> but the result was no different.
>
> Can you give me a clue on what I'm doing wrong?

Simply fix the syntax error in the source. I think the fpc parser might
have a reason to scan the {$else} part, so it will abort. You only need to do
this once, so it is easiest to temporarily remove the syntax error.

Daniël