Mattias Gaertner schreef:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:32:23 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Vincent Snijders wrote:

Michael Van Canneyt schreef:
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Vincent Snijders wrote:

Hi,

The LCL contains the non-visual unit LCLMemManager:
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk/lcl/lclmemmanager.pas
I would like to propose that you rename it and add it to the
FCL.

It contains some simple (base) clasess for pooling records and
objects.

<snip>
What name would you suggest ?
A name change because of the LCL in the name. But just TMemManager
is too generic, IMHO.

What about TMemoryPool and TNonFreeMemoryPool?
Don't you think the word MemoryManager (MM) should be in it ?

This could cause confusion with TMemoryManager.

like pooledmm ? (and class TPooledMemoryManager) ?

I agree with Mattias. It is not a replacement for TMemoryManager like cmem.

A clean up of the unit has taken place, so it is ready for moving to the FCL.

Vincent