On 04 Feb 2007, at 12:01, Daniël Mantione wrote:

Op Sun, 4 Feb 2007, schreef Florian Klaempfl:

- No unique check by assigning to character.

True. But maybe we should simply allow to overload [] then.

Not necessary, wrap it into an object and define a default property.

Then you can't take the address anymore of individual characters, as Thorsten mentioned on irc last night. E.g. this will not have the desired effect:

move(mystringobj[1],chararray,mystringobj.len)

But in general I dislike allowing to overload everything but the kitchen sink, otherwise we'll end up with C++ (which does allow you to overload pretty much every operator/token, meaning that you always have to read each and every header and carefully look at each type before you have any idea at all about what a certain expression could mean).