Michael Schnell schreef:

I see you are still a bit lost. Maybe the documentation can help:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu24.html
I in fact am lost (as I still don't dare to try to look into the compiler's source code).

Unfortunately the docs text does not say what code the compiler generates to make the library assign the message to the function it generates from the users source code.

That is because the compiler doesn't generate that code.

Somewhere user code must call
  MyObject.Dispatch(MyMessage);

See implementation of dispatch. It gets the message number and looks for the corresponding method in a table. The compiler generates this table at compile time.

This may not be the completely accurate description, but this is how I model things in my mind and in my experiments reality hasn't falsified this model.

Vincent