Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Hi,

Does FPC take any advantage of dual core or quad core processors? Intel or AMD?
Also I'm developing mostly under Linux, but all our products get
released for Windows and Linux.  Would it make a difference which OS I
use?

I'm using it on a Core Duo here. The biggest issue I've found is a multi-threaded make of the entire source tree.

make -j3 will die as it tries to link a library that has not finished compiling yet. I've reverted to a single threaded build and it works fine. Just a race I guess. I've not actually written any multi-threaded code with FPC, but I suspect it will *just* work as it seems to use the base OS threading functions.

Brad