Marc Weustink wrote:

The informativeness of 'platform' hints could be improved by including a comment that is adjacent to the keyword, if one exists, e.g:

property SomeProp; platform; // qt and carbon only

Then hint will then be:
 property 'SomeProp' is platform-specific (qt and carbon only).

Indeed, but then you have to scan comments. Which will be gone once you compile the unit.

But this stuff REALLY has nothing to do with runtime...

The hints itself not. I agree.
But when doing RTTI, I might want to give the user some feedback.
In the current situation I've no option for that.

Time to introduce pragmas? Something like

   pragma Platform (SomeProp, 'qt, carbon');

or in more general terms:

   pragma <Pragma_Name> (<Identifier>, <Property> [, <Property>, ...]);

perhaps?

Regards,

Vinzent.

Marc