Jonas Maebe a écrit :

On 18 Oct 2007, at 16:17, mm wrote:

The inlined code shouldn't be much bigger than the calls to "Odd()". So,
why aren't they inlined? Is there a reason you did so?

It's because the Odd function is an assembler function, and the compiler can't yet inline assembler functions. I guess this stems from the time that the compiler was not very good at inlining nor at removing stack frames. I would probably be best to simply remove all assembler implementations of Odd() from the rtl so the generic Pascal version is used instead (which can be inlined).

Ok, thanks. Thus it is quite possible (without too much work) to adapt
FPC so that it inlines the Odd() functions. Should I ask for it on the
Free Pascal bugtracker page?

mm
http://www.ellipsa.net/