On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 05/11/2007, Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Is something like this possible with FPC?  I guess the first question
> > > is, do we have a webserver component for FPC? Secondly, does FPC
> > > support SOAP?
> >
> > Yes on both accounts.
>
> Excellent, something new to experiment with. Where could I find that
> webserver component?

- Webserver component is in Indy or in LNet (maybe even synapse)
- Soap server in WST, (pascal webservices toolkit) it's on Lazarus CCR.

> ...and thanks for the info on midas!

You're welcome.

> I'm thinking of implementing some type of application server that sits
> on the same server (or even elsewhere) as my CGI apps.  Currently my
> CGI apps have to grab the web variables, open a db connection, read
> the data, process it into a HTML page and close the DB connection.
> Opening and Closing DB connections tend to be slow, so if some
> application server can keep the connection open and just return the
> requested data to the CGI app, it should speed things up (I think).

It should, yes. Better yet is to write an Apache module.
A breeze with FPC these days...

> PS:
>   I have no idea how you do performance/speed tests with CGI apps!
> This idea is all in theory. ;-)

Take a couple of PC's and fire wget a 1000 times on your CGI app.

Better yet, use some of the FPC components (lnet, synapse) to do
it in a tight loop.