On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:28:47 +0100 (CET)
"Peter Vreman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 09:21:36 +0100 (CET)
> > "Peter Vreman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>[...]
> >>
> >> This is by design to prevent dependening on local configuration
> >> when building and installing packages. It forces the user to add
> >> all options and dependencies to fpmake.pp
> >
> > Can fpmake be used for programs/libraries too?
> > They need the linker options of fpc.cfg.
>
> For fpmake we can use the same algorithm as currently used in the
> generated Makefiles.
>
> Depending on a fpc.cfg is not an option for installing packages from
> a repository. That will give more problems than it solves. E.g.
> people having -Mdelphi in the fpc.cfg and the package expects -Mfpc,
> because that it the compiler default.

Yes, of course.
Maybe my question was misleading. I want to know if fpmake is a tool
for building packages or if it is a general tool to build all type
of pascal code. I know, I can hack it to build everything, but is this
supported or is there another tool?

Mattias