On 24 Nov 2007, at 23:11, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

:\Programas\fpcbuild\fpcsrc\rtl\symbian>make FPC=C:\Programas \fpcbuild\fpcsrc\c
ompiler\ppcarm.exe
makefile:2155: warning: overriding commands for target `system.ppu'
makefile:2153: warning: ignoring old commands for target `system.ppu'
C:/Programas/fpcbuild/fpcsrc/compiler/ppcarm.exe -Tsymbian -Parm - XParm-symbian- -Xr -Fi../inc -Fi../arm -FE. -FU../../rtl/units/arm-symbian -darm - Us -Sg syst
em.pp -Fi../win
Error: Illegal parameter: -Tsymbian
make: *** [system.ppu] Error 1

Why does FPC think there is no -Tsymbian for arm?

Set a breakpoint on find_system_by_string in systems.pas to find out.

I compared everything I did for x86 and I can't see what I did
different here. calling pparm.exe on the command line I get:

 -T<x>  Target operating system:
     -Tlinux    Linux
     -Twince    Windows CE

Symbian seams to be missing here too....

That's because you didn't update compiler/msg/errore.msg (when you do, make sure that you also commit compiler/msgtxt.inc and compiler/ msgidx.inc afterwards). That text is not automatically extracted from the system info's (although it would actually be nice that were done).

Jonas