> > What is better in this case: classes or interfaces?
> >
> What is the advantage of interfaces anyway (seems that I have been
> missing something ... )

A limited form of multiple inheritance.

> I _thought_ it would be reference counting, but in the other thread
> someone wants to (and does) use Interfaces without reference counting.

No. For basic MI you don't need ref counting, since your normal object
persistance takes care of that.

And note that while corba is ref counted, afaik the references are there
manually instrumented. So even for remoting purposes it is not needed. It is
afaik simply because that is the COM philosophy.