Martin Schreiber schreef:
On Sunday 23 December 2007 22.08:34 Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007, Florian Klaempfl wrote:
Martin Schreiber schrieb:
Hi,

Michael Van Canneyt marked my bugreport 10465 with "won't fix", I would
like to discuss the issue in a broader forum.
With fixes_2_2 rev. 9006 FPC does not stream published component
properties where the component has CsSubComponent set if the property
component is not owned by the streamed component.
Delphi streams CsSubComponent properties independent of ownership.
What was the reason for the change?
The reason is that Delphi-compatible cannot handle references to
subcomponents. This 'bug' was fixed during systems by me and Mattias
Gaertner.

In particular:

Consider the ActiveControl property of TForm.
The Lazarus TButtonPanel component has buttons as subcomponents (OKButton,
CancelButton etc).

This is a misuse of csSubComponent.

What is the misuse? That you may not set a reference to a csSubcomponent?

Vincent