Fabio Dell'Aria wrote:
Hi,

2008/1/17, Michael Van Canneyt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, Fabio Dell'Aria wrote:

Hi to all,

I'm writing a patch to can use an external .dbg file during the
debugging process.

All works fine but when an unhandled exception is raised the RTL show
stacktrace without debug info (no sources line).

How I can instruct the RTL to search the debug symbols in a
project.dbg file (if not found in the executable)?
See function openstabs in lineinfo:

function OpenStabs:boolean;
var
  ofm : word;
begin
  OpenStabs:=false;
  assign(f,paramstr(0));

and for dwarf in lnfodwarf there is OpenDwarf:

function OpenDwarf() : Boolean;
var
  oldfilemode : Word;
begin
  OpenDwarf := false;
  { open input file }
  assign(infile, paramstr(0));
  {$I-}

Thank you very much! :)

I'm working on. ;)

I think it should by default look for program.dbg file , and then if not exists for paramstr(0). Is that enough ? If so,please explain how to check if file exists , which function could be used here.

Regards
Boguslaw