Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, Paul Ishenin wrote:

Hello,  FPC developers' list.

Can someone tell me what for gtk2 package have this strange defines inside
sources:

{$IFNDEF KYLIX}
function gtk_list_store_new(n_columns:gint; args:array of
const):PGtkListStore; cdecl; overload; external gtklib;
function gtk_list_store_new(n_columns:gint):PGtkListStore; cdecl; overload;
varargs; external gtklib;
{$ELSE}
function gtk_list_store_new(n_columns:gint):PGtkListStore; varargs; cdecl;
external gtklib;
{$ENDIF}

I am about KYLIX.

the problem is the ...) construct in C; in FPC this used to be translated by array of const, but Kylix uses the varargs; modifier.

now, for FPC you should also use varargs, so the correct form is
 function gtk_list_store_new(n_columns:gint):PGtkListStore; varargs; cdecl;
external gtklib;
both for FPC and Kylix.

How can I use varargs if in fpc svn functions are declared with array of cont?

Btw, returning to gtk2 package. Sources of that package are very old - they used only gtk 2.0 functions, structures and constants. 2.2, 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, 2.10 and 2.12 versions were already released. Ofcource I understand that most of users still not using gtk 2.12, but at least gtk 2.4 can be taken as minimal requirement.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.