On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:12 AM, Michael Schnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> IMHO, nowadays, 8 (and 16) bit processors only make sense for very small
>  projects. Those are very hardware specific and thus using C here does
>  make sense.

I have to disagree with this one, depending with what "small" means.
If you mean "small" in project complexity, I'd say this is very far
from true. BOSCH uses 8-bit microcontrolers (8051) widely inside
several sensors (tire pressure sensors for example) and I'm sure I
wouldn't call those projects simple considering the number of workers
and years involved on them. If you mean "small" in size, then maybe =)
The sensors are really small.

Also considering how much time I saw the other internship student
waste trying to understand the criptic C code for the microcontroler
I'd also disagree that using C is necessarely the best choice.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho