Martin Schreiber schrieb:
On Thursday 14 August 2008 11.29:40 Florian Klaempfl wrote:
Martin Schreiber schrieb:
There are no pseudo terminals on win32, I must use pipes. The current
2.0.3 RTL does not flush output on writeln if the filehandle is a pipe
(2.0.2 does!). So the IDE target console window is unusable on win32 with
FPC 2.0.3 RTL and works OK with FPC 2.0.2 RTL.
"
;-)
Indeed, people complained about the speed when redirecting output to a
file.

So the answer is: "It is not possible to get flushed writeln and compiler messages on win32 pipes with FPC"?

So far nobody needed this, e.g. I use an IDE with an integrated compiler ;) However, I guess we can add a switch which tells the compiler to flush when writing to a file/pipe.