For me in Windows XP 32bit/ FPC (apache modules load properly):
sizeof(request_rec)=416
sizeof(module_struct)=56

For me in Ubuntu 8.04 32bit/ FPC (apache modules don't load):
sizeof(request_rec)=412
sizeof(module_struct)=56

Used exactly the same files to compile a project on Ubuntu but for some reason it is 4 bytes shorter there for request_rec.
This shouldn't effect the module loading at apache2 startup, right?
Only module_struct incompatibility should give the "...Can't
locate API module structure `mod_apache1' in file ..." error.

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

Yes: please print the size of the Request_rec (or TRequest_Rec) and the
same record in C. Compare if they are equal. Same for the module record.
If they are not equal, then we know it is a problem with the pascal definition of this record. I've had to do this exercise about 30 times myself on various platforms to get it right. Maybe they changed the size again.