In our previous episode, Lukas Gradl said:
> At the moment, I'm developing on a i386 Linux machine. For some servers
> I need x86_64 binaries, so I have a second machine with x86_64 linux I
> use just for compiling.
>
> It would be great to compile everything on one machine, so I tried to
> build a crosscompiler for x86_64 on my i386 machine. The Wikipage on
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Cross_compiling doesn't work anymore
> - make is complaining about a missing ppcrossx86_64 almost immediatly.

Please be more detailed. What command do you run in which directory, with
what version as starting compiler?

> Could anyone point me to the right direction on how to build a
> crosscompiler myself? (either on my x64_86 machine or on my i386 machine...)

It should work more or less, I crosscompiled from linux/x86 to
FreeBSD/x86_64 not that long ago. I did remember a slight deviation (IIRC
something like having to pass the crosscompiler to both FPC and PP variables).

See also http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq.pdf for some background info.

I suspected some of the (albeit minor, but potential confusing) differences
come from the biarch support that was added some time ago (-32 and -64).