Op Sat, 8 Nov 2008, schreef ABorka:

Hi,

I'm converting a Delphi program to FPC/lazarus and I did hit a snag with an asm code part (win32, latest fpc and lazarus svn trunk is used). I know it is probably simple to fix, but I cannot seem to be able to figure it out:

function something(s :String; i: Integer):String;
var tmp:Array[0..32768]of byte;
begin
.
.
{$ASMMODE intel}
   asm
     pushad
     mov edi, offset tmp
     add edi, ebp
.
.
     popad

The compiler gives "Error: Cannot use local variable or parameters here" at line "mov edi, offset tmp" .
How can I get the offset of a local variable into a register?

This seems like an incompatibility you might want to report. However, you can replace the mov & add by:

lea edi,tmp

... whould should be accepted by FPC.

Daniël