On 09 Jan 2009, at 23:47, Jonas Maebe wrote:

I'm happy to announce that the first version of FPC for the iPhone SDK 2.x is available. It includes an Xcode template to build the demo application that I mentioned in my message last week.

Also, to make it clear: FPC cannot work around the requirement of having an Apple-issued certificate to run self-written programs on an iPhone/iPod Touch. So you have to sign up to Apple's iPhone Developer program ($99/year) to run FPC-compiled programs on the real hardware (just like for regular Xcode-compiled programs).

Without such a certificate, you can only run programs on the simulator (possibly unless you have a jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch, but in that case you are on your own; I will not involve myself with jailbreaks, to avoid any potential legal troubles with the status of this FPC port).

Jonas