On 04 May 2009, at 20:48, Dariusz Mazur wrote:

I have problem with this small program below. I've compiled if on Linux/i386 FPC 2.2.2 Every time of run program halt with runtime. I've test it with short and ansistring. Result the same.
But when I uncomment line with test2 everything goes OK.
Is something wrong with program? Can someone test it on newer version FPC?

It still happens. It only occurs on i386 and when compiled with -O2. It's due to missing register allocation information. Please open a bug report.

Jonas