On Tue, 19 May 2009, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:

For me, a rewrite is the preferred option.

OK, could you then please list all the things that bug you in the
current FPCUnit, so we don't duplicate the issues.

The main issue is that the decorator stuff has been added as an
afterthought. It needs a more fundamental approach. If I remember
my conclusions well, we needed something like a basic TTestIterator
class, which should be used at all levels. I remember that Delphi
has such a class (or interface).

It should not affect thim, this should be a dogma...
After the fix, the decorator stuff should work 'as designed', but
the rest should remain the same.

This is what I expected. :-)

I'm afraid I have seriously bad experiences with interfaces in FPC, and so
would not like to see them used.

I have used Interfaces in a few of my projects and found it quite
handy and can't say that I experienced any issues. I'm nothing near
and expert with them though, but do "get" them. I have only been using
the default Delphi/COM based Interfaces (if that's what you call
them), not the Corba ones. At the time, the Corba Interfaces still had
many issues, but I think they have all been resolved since.

Could you clarify what issues you have experienced. If any bugs
remain, maybe now would be a good time to resolve those as well.

See my other mail.

I must say that I was using mostly CORBA interfaces, to avoid reference count issues. The Mozilla thing used normal COM interfaces.