Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

Which means firebird reports 8 to your application.

So does this issue only occur on my system and not on others? Do you uses charset=UTF8 in your databases, and Firebird reports the correct size for Char() fields?

I'll put together a small test case and sample Firebird database so I can rule out tiOPF as a possible cause. I'll also double check using different database components. I have SqlDB, FBLib and IBX (from Delphi 7) available here.

I'll see if I can put together a C-source example as well, which talks directly to the firebird library. Hell, I can't even remember when last I wrote a C program - hopefully the included Firebird examples will help. :-(

If all goes well, can narrow down the search. I would be nice to know if this issue is only on my system though. Could anybody else test this?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/