Martin Schreiber escreveu:
On Tuesday 15 September 2009 18:04:33 Luiz Americo Pereira Camara wrote:

In my view, to get the fpc unicode support in a good state would be
necessary to implement the encoding field in the string type so
converting strings can be done system independently (seems to be the
case of cpstr branch) and add a RTLString type to minimize conversions
when creating a unicode RTL

But as an additional string type, the fast and small FPC UnicodeString type we have now should be preserved.

Yes. RTLString would be just an alias to UnicodeString in win32 and UTF8String in unixes

Luiz