On 07 Oct 2009, at 22:24, Vincent Snijders wrote:

Should I create a bug report or is using -gt for the compiler not supported.

It should work.

There is one problem with compiling the RTL with -gt if you assign a shortstring to itself (e.g., by passing a global variable variable as var/const-parameter to a function, which then assigns this var parameter to that global variable) on targets that don't use an assembler helper for this. And the compiler does this somewhere while parsing the command line options.

However, I assume this is on i386 and that one does use an assembler helper. Furthermore, that problem only causes the compiler not to compile anything, rather than crash during parsing.

Jonas