Florian Klaempfl schreef:
Alexander Klenin schrieb:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 18:35, Florian Klaempfl <flor...@freepascal.org> wrote:
And taking into account the size of the patch (see below and ignore the
auto generated files msg*.inc), it's worth to add. private etc. cause
much more trouble in the compiler and has no more real use imo.

By I guess this whole thread got taken over by the "sealed"
discussion. I'm pretty sure, through all this, Paul is still waiting
on a definite answer of: is my patch ok?
See
http://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/commit/6d0dc36b82ba90403594f00bdd96a36b5b820f66
BTW, I have already asked in the beginning of the thread,
but got no answer: why are those files under version control at all?

Because it's easier to handle when doing compiler development work
because you usually don't use makefiles to build stuff but some IDE/editor.

I thought it was for easier bootstrapping: no need to build msg2inc before ppc1.

Vincent