On 19 Nov 2009, at 11:39, Thaddy wrote:

Jonas Maebe wrote:

If you change the behaviour of "out" so that such parameters are no longer finalised before the routine is entered, then the above will cause a memory leak. You can verify this by changing the "out rec" parameter into "var rec".

Then this is definitely not a sextopod but an octopod. (really serious bug) The "out" should behave like "var" + referencecount and finalization outside the procedure or function.

That is exactly how it behaves right now, so I don't understand your remark. My example is about what would happen if the behaviour of "out" would be changed into the same as "var" (except that the compiler would not give *hints* about potentially uninitialised data).

Jonas