On 01 Dec 2009, at 10:50, Paul Ishenin wrote:

Is it known that gdb returns "void" type for the Variant variables when STABS debug info is used?

Not that I know. Stabs is pretty much legacy though.

When DWARF is used Variant = TVarData which is also not perfect. I want to see only variant value, not the whole record when I debug the program in Lazarus. When I need the whole record I can always evaluate TVarData(V).

Is it possible to improve both stabs and dwarf info?

In Stabs it is impossible to only show the actual variant value, as Stabs does not know a "variant" concept. DWARF does, but GDB doesn't support it yet.

Jonas