On 05 Jan 2010, at 16:39, Stefan Kisdaroczi wrote:

Looking at rtl/inc/heap.inc from 2.4.0 it seems that the locking is now done using "CriticalSections",
is that true ?

Yes.

To adapt my ThreadManager for 2.4.0 I think I have to:
- remove the SetMemoryMutexManager() call
- implement the *CriticalSection() calls in my XenoThreadManager

Has someone any hints, comments or concerns about the approach ?

It sounds perfectly fine to me. You should also experience much better performance with the new heap manager, as the critical section is seldom used in normal operation. If you want a program in which this scenario is stress tested, you can use http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk/tests/test/theapthread.pp

Jonas