Op Tue, 26 Jan 2010, schreef Graeme Geldenhuys:

David W Noon wrote:

Syntax and understanding is as clear as rain. Adding extra semi-colon, as
you suggested, is not.

Indeed, it would be undesired to accept that semicolon. What makes me uncomfortable is that he went to the trouble of modifying the compiler for it. We should encourage that.

As for the 'otherwise' syntax. You are correct, I have never heard or seen
it before. :-) But it is documented in the FPC Language Reference section
10.2.2.

"Otherwise" is used in some Pascal dialects instead of "else". This is where it comes from.

Daniël