On 15 Mar 2010, at 03:17, ABorka wrote:

On 3/14/2010 16:08, Jonas Maebe wrote:

On 14 Mar 2010, at 23:39, ABorka wrote:

I have a CGI application with a datamodule that is using templates to generate the response pages (accessing a MySQL database through ZEOS). Every once in a while, I'm getting an "Unable to open file" exception that points to one of the templates the website is using.

What could be the problem?

Maybe you run out of file handles?

If that is the case, shouldn't something be in the syslog or some other log?

No. It's a generic user error like any other.

Is there any way I can check this for sure like last system error string or something?

You can call sysutils.GetLastOSError and look up the number in errno.inc

The exception message only says that "Unable to open file <filepath_filename>".

I checked the /proc/sys/fs/file-max  and it shows 294692

The per-user open file handles limit is different. You can see it in the output of "ulimit -a" under bash (if it says "unlimited", it means that it uses the system limit). Maybe you leak file handles somewhere. You can look in /proc/<pid>/fd from time to time to see whether the number of open files keeps growing over time.

Jonas