Marco van de Voort het geskryf:

> Note that I was mainly talking about any object types that are designed to
> be Delphi compatible.

Like I said, they will not interfere with Delphi compatibility at all
because Delphi doesn't have such a feature. [yet many other
toolkits/frameworks do] The usage of a GUID identifying the interface will
also reduce conflicts with somebody else's code - but considering that
'interface delegation' was not implemented till a few days ago, that will
also reduce any possible issue. I don't know if FPC supports Interface
Method Resolution, but that is also a specific language feature introduced
by Borland to overcome interface conflicts.

I really don't see a the problem here. FPC often implements things that
have far greater chances of breaking existing code - I just pointed out
another such example a few days ago.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/