Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
On 17 July 2010 13:51, Marco van de Voort wrote:
Unless other systems really take into account the complete history of
both divergating branches in the merge, and not simply patch/merge, I doubt
VCS matters at all

Git's merge algorithm does this and is a lot more intelligent that
SubVersion, and thus much less prone to conflicts. Git can even merge
multiple branches at the same time into a single branch (known as
octopus merge).   Just a bit of useless information.

I don't doubt the ability to merge, but will it result in usable/meaningfull code too ?

Marc (couldn't resist)