On 20 Jul 2010, at 15:00, Michael Schnell wrote:

> On 07/20/2010 02:48 PM, Jonas Maebe wrote:
>>
>> I don't see it there (to the extent that there is an official win32 abi
>> document; it seems that information is spread over several msdn pages that
>> don't even link to each other).
> At least the "Register" ABI is FPC specific and needs to be documented with
> the compiler. I hope the others are available near that place.

The "register" calling convention is Borland-specific and does not specify
anything regarding the segment registers:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/Program_Control

>> Please stop speculating that certain things "should be documented" or
>> "should work" and post links to the official documents.
> I tried to find it in the FPC docs, but was not successful.

I know of no single calling convention that says anything about the segment
registers. It's an OS ABI issue at best, and at worst undefined behaviour.