On 30 Jul 2010, at 20:55, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Florian Klaempfl schrieb:
>
>>> The first version of the OO rewrite branch is ready for alpha testing :-)
>
> Well, the alpha test revealed some problems, that have been fixed (except
> one).
>
> Now the differences between branch and updated trunk already result in
> problems[1], that make testing the OO compiler near impossible. This raises
> the question, how to proceed with the integration of both version?

That would be easier to answer if you would at least mention
a) which difference
causes
b) which problem

>>> Now I need assistance in testing
>> Try building fpc:
>> make all
>
> There remains one bug, of unknown reason. How can this be debugged?

In whichever way you are used to debug: with a debugger, with writeln's, ...
The compiler is no different than any other program in that respect.

>> n the testsuite:
>> cd fpc/tests
>> make clean all digest TEST_FPC=../compiler/ppc386
>> compare the resulting faillog from trunk and from your branch
>>> and profiling it.
>
> How is the compiler/ppc386 created?

By "make all"

> [1] Lazarus (code tools) also have problems with the recent update. Will the
> parsers be updated soon? Who is doing that?

From this remark I guess that you are talking about the change to
rtl/objpas/fgl.pp? Please don't make people guess when asking for information.

To avoid problems with your branch simply use an older revision of the RTL to
test (r15646 or earlier). In the future you may want to branch the entire FPC
repository rather than only the compiler if you want to avoid such problems.