On 28/08/2010 10:59, Jonas Maebe wrote:
On 28 Aug 2010, at 01:07, Martin wrote:
But *if* fpc does lock the fpc.cfg file exclusively ( for a very short time
only, e.g. just open+lock, read, close), then there is the slim chance of a
conflict, and this error could be explained.
FPC opens it as a regular text file using a regular assign/reset. I don't think
that will result in exclusive access. It also checks for its existence using
sysutils.fileexists, but I doubt that one asks for exclusive access either.

Afaik uing assign/reset using exclusive lock on windows. Lazarus did use them for logfiles, and you couldn't open the lockfile (fro tailing) because of that.

Martin