Zitat von José Mejuto <joshy...@gmail.com>:

Hello FPC,

Creation order
--------------
1) Create main form
MS>  application.createform() or t*form.create()
2) Create data module
MS>  application.createdatamodule();
3) Wait in main form for user input
4) Create second form
MS>  application.createform() or t*form.create()
MS> Such a scenario works in MSEgui.

------------
Application.Initialize;
Application.CreateForm(TfrmWorkbench, frmWorkbench);
Application.CreateForm(TdmCharting, dmCharting);
Application.Run;
------------
------------
procedure TfrmWorkbench.BitBtn5Click(Sender: TObject);
var
  r: TfrmReportByFile;
begin
  Application.CreateForm(TfrmReportByFile,r);
  r.Show;
end;
------------

Does not work in Lazarus almost up to date SVN, and fpc 2.5.1 July
2010

Please provide an example.
Either you are misusing the sql components or there is a bug in the sql components.

But if my memory serves me, it does not work at least since Lazarus
0.9.26 and the related fpc version.

I had not reported it before because I think that the problem was the
missing datamodules, so I converted everything to use datamodules, but
the problem remains.

Database components should work independent of the owner class.

Mattias